- 125g Flour (260 ml) 125g cream cheese or cottage cheese
- 125g Butter (135 ml) 1ml salt
Sift the flour and salt together. Rub the butter into the flour mixture, using your fingertips.
Mix the cream cheese in with a knife.
Place the dough in the refrigerator to cool.
Roll the dough out to about 3mm thickness.
Place pastry in an ungreased pie tin about 200mm in diameter.
Bake pastry shell for 15 minutes at 220 degrees C (450 degrees F.)
- 20g Flour (37,5 ml) 50g Mushrooms chopped (150 ml)
- 20g Butter (25 ml) 3 ml lemon juice
- 250ml milk 10g onion, chopped (10 ml)
- 50g finely grated biltong (200ml) 5 ml parsley, chopped
- 10g Butter (12,5ml) 2 eggs
Add the milk slowly and keep stirring until the sauce boils. Simmer it for 3 minutes.
Chop the mushrooms and sprinkle with lemon juice. Sauté the mushrooms and chopped onion in the 10g butter until brown.
Add to the white sauce.
Separate the eggs, beat the egg yolks and add to the white sauce.
Beat the egg whites until stiff and fold into mixture.
Spoon into partially baked pastry shell and bake for 10 minutes at 200 degrees C (400 degrees F.) (8-10 servings)