Spicy Rice And Boerewors
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) Oil
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 500 grams Boerewors, cut into 4 cm lengths
- 4 Tomatoes, skinned and chopped
- 5 ml (1 tsp) Mixed herbs or dried Basil
- 5 ml (1 tsp) Salt
- 3 ml (½ tsp) Black Pepper
- 5 ml (1 tsp) Sugar
- 250 ml (1 cup) Uncooked Rice (Tastic for the South Africans)
- 750 ml (3 cups) Beef Stock
Heat the oil and fry onion until soft, but not brown. Add the Boerewors and fry until lightly browned.
Stir in the tomatoes, mixed herbs or basil, salt, pepper, sugar and uncooked rice and fry, stirring constantly for a few minutes.
Pour in beef stock and bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30 – 40 minutes or until meat is tender and rice cooked.
If you do not have boerewors then you can use this method below
Use any sausage in place of the Boerewors. For a spicy sauce, add 1 chopped chilli or chilli powder to the ingredients.
Replace the tomatoes with a 410 gram can chopped tomatoes.